The ZR-2 is the Corvette style everyone has always dreamed about but GM never made - a mid-engine ‘vette. The ZR-2 was designed and engineered by Denny Patton (a former GM employee). It has been designed to provide the best American styling, easy assembly and reasonable pricing. The project was sold to PISA shortly after completion.
The ZR-2 kit is a bolt-on kit requiring no cutting or welding of the Fiero chassis. The stock Fiero roof, door panels, front and rear deck lids are reused. This kit does require some bodywork to bond and assemble the front and rear deck lid covers to the stock Fiero parts. Stock mounting points are used to attach most body panels. The Fiero Spaceframe is left intact with only a couple minor modifications. Unlike most Kits that require you to buy expensive, custom fit wheels, the ZR-2 uses common 15" X 7" wheels.
Estimated installation time is 80 hours.
Individual panels can be purchased separately to semi-modify the Fiero. See the ZR-2 Panels page for more information.
- Wheelbase: 93-1/2" (stock Fiero wheelbase)
- Length: 172"
- Width: 74"
- Height: 47"
- Weight: 2600 lbs. (Fiero weight)
- Front Suspension: Independent, Coil Springs, Anti-roll Bar (stock Fiero)
- Rear Suspension: Independent, Struts, Coil Springs (stock Fiero)
- Engine Options: Any Stock Fiero engine or Engine Conversion.
- Tires & Wheels: Stock 15x7 Wheels
- Fiberglass Kit - $4,250 includes wing
- Light Kit - $950.00